Coolant Proof Micrometers
Series 293-with Dust/Water Protection Conforming to IP65 Level
- Wordl’s highest performing micrometer overall
- Extended battery life of approximately 2.4 years
- Ergonomic anti-slip frame cover and front panel for more comfortable hand-held measurements
- Rachet thimble provides better oprability for one-handed operation
- Oil-resistant material used for all plastic parts.
- Model equipped with a Digimatic output port can form part of a statistical process control or networked measurement system.
- Interface input Tools are available that enable the conversion of measurement data to keyboard signals that are than directly input to cells in off-the-shelf spreadsheet software such as Excel.
- Two types of constant-force devices are available : Rachet Stop and Rachet Thimble
- Measuring faces : Carbide
Flatness : 0.3µm/.000012”
Dust/Water level : IP65 (IEC60529)*²m
Measuring Force : 5 to 10N (rachet thimble type is 7 to 12N)*³
Battery : SR44 (1 pc.), 938882 for initial operational checks (standard accessory)
Battery life : Approx. 1.2 years under normal use
Lenght standard : Electromagnetic rotary sensor
standard accesories : Reference bar, 1 pc (except for 0-25 mm(0-1″)models) Spanner (301336), 1 pc
Origin point setting (ABS measurement system) :
Resets the ABS origin at the current spindle position to the mnimum value of the measuring range and switches to ABS mode.
Zero setting (INC measurement system) :
A brief press on the ZERO/ABS button sets display to zero at the current spindle position and switches to to incremental (INC) measuring mode. A longer press resets to the ABS measuring mode.
Pressing the HOLD button freezes the current value in the display. This function is useful for preserving a measurement in situations of poor visibility where the instrument must be move away from the wrkpiece before the reading can be recorded.
Data output :
M0dels equpped with this function have an output port for transferring measurement data to a sttistical Process control (SPC) system.
Auto Power ON/OFF :
The rading on the LCD disappears after this instrument is idle for about 20 minutes, but the reading and measurement mode are retained. Turning the spindle causes the reading and measurement mode are retained. Turninfg the spindle causes the reading to reapperar.
Error alarm :
In case of a overflow on the LCD or computing error, an error message appears on the LCD, and the measuring function stops. This prevents an instriment from giving an erroneous reading. Also, when the battery voltage drops to a certain level, the low-battery-voltage alarm annunciator appears well before the micrometers becomes unusable.
Function Lock :
Ths function allows the ORIGIN (origin point setting) function and the ZERO (zero-setting) function to be locked to prevent these points being reset accidentally.