Detail Dwyer Model UTG Ultrasonic Thickness Gage
Model UTG Ultrasonic Thickness Gage
Ideal For Use with Ultrasonic Flow Transmitters, Adjustable Sound Velocity
The MODEL UTG Ultrasonic Thickness Gage measures the thickness of a variety of materials. The UTG has a wide range of applications including industrial, automotive, HVAC, and plumbing. The UTG reads in inches or millimeters and features an adjustable sound velocity to allow for an array of materials to be measured. The UTG is useful when using any pipe-mount ultrasonic transmitter, The UTG allows the user to find the wall thickness of the pipe when programming an ultrasonc transmitter without cutting or removing a section of the pipe to measure it. The UTG is also great for monitoring corrosion in closed vessels such as boilers and chemical tanks.
- Pipe Thickness Measurement
- Finding Wall Thickness
- Monitoring Corrosion in Closed Vessels
- Industrial Applications
- Service: Steel, cast iron, aluminum, red copper, brass, zinc, quartz glass, polyethylene, PVC, gray cast iron, nodular cast iron, other. Selectable option for special materials with known sound propagation rate.
- Range: 0.047 to 7.874″ (1.2 to 200 mm).
- Accuracy: ±0.5%.
- Resolution: 0.001″ / 0.1 mm.
- Sound Velocity: 1118 to 20132 mph (500 to 9000 m/s).
- Temperature Limits: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Humidity Limit: < 80%.
- Display: 4 digits, 0.394″ (10 mm) LCD.
- Power Requirement: (4) 1.5 V AAA alkaline batteries, not included, user replaceable.
5.78 oz (164 g).
- Agency Approvals: CE.