Detail Elcometer 4340 Motorized Automatic Film Applicator K4340M10
Elcometer 4340 Motorized / Automatic Film Applicator (K4340M10-)
An essential machine for preparing a wide variety of product samples including paint, varnish, cosmetics, glue, etc. with total consistency and reproduce-ability on various substrates including contrast charts, sheet steel, plastic foils and glass. All Elcometer 4340 models have 11 preset speeds and adjustable stroke length with quick release system.
- Ideal for testing paint, varnish, cosmetics, glue etc.
- 11 preset transverse speeds, from 0.5-10cm per second
- Sample temperature control option
- High quality samples produced for highly reliable laboratory testing
- Smooth aluminium table – much smoother than glass – for better repeatability
- Can be used with Elcometer Film applicators
- Wide range of standard and high precision perforated and channelled vacuum tables
- Adjustable travel carriage with “stop” at end of travel
The Elcometer 4340 Motorized Film Applicators are versatile, rugged and precise. The rigid construction ensures a smooth, consistent application without the ridges often associated with film application.
A range of applicator head attachments is available separately, allowing the user to select the most appropriate for their specific use and Standard (if applicable).
The Elcometer 4340 range of motorized Film Applicators comes as one universal base with user select-able head attachments – allowing the flexibility to test using standard film applicators (filmographs), spiral bar coaters, or using the combined attachment of both the film applicator and spiral bar attachment.
Available with a highly engineered table, available with or without a vacuum and heating element, each Elcometer Motorized Film Applicator is accurately measured using a Co-ordinate Measuring Machine to meet an incredibly high level of flatness. (Vacuum tables offer more reproduce-ability).
The average variation on Elcometer Application Tables is 2.3µm (0.092mil), while the average variation on glass used on some low cost tables is 12.0µm (0.48mil).
If a 100µm (4mils) coating is tested, readings taken using an Elcometer table would produce readings between 97.7 (3.9mils) and 102.3µm (4.1mils). On glass, the readings produced would be between 88 (3.5mils) and 112µm (4.48mils) – a 47% variation.