Detail Elcometer 6910/3 Setaflash Series 3 Active-Cool
Setaflash Series 3 Active-Cool | Elcometer 6910/3
Flash Point is defined as “the lowest temperature of a liquid at which its vapours will form a combustible mixture with air”. It is a convenient and reliable classification of the “flammability” of many substances.
The Setaflash Series 3 Active-Cool Tester offers the same features as the Elcometer 6910/1 Setaflash but is fitted with a cup suitable for testing corrosive samples.
It has been designed to carry out Flash/No Flash tests rapidly and efficiently to determine the Flash Point of liquids and semi-solids in the 10°C to 130°C (50°F to 266°F) temperature range.
Flash Point is automatically detected using a thermally activated detector,reducing the risk of operator error and minimising the potential danger of inhaling fumes during a test. A rechargeable gas tank with On/Off switch and fine adjustment are integral to the unit. Supplied with a 2ml (0.067fl oz) syringe and ignitor.
- Flash Point test in less than 2 minutes
- Small sample size – 2ml (0.067 fl oz) or 4ml (0.135 fl oz)
- Electronic Peltier cooling effect
- °C or °F display
Elcometer offers a range of Flash Point testing equipment, including:
- Open Cup tests – simulate an un-contained condition, for example a spillage.
- Closed Cup tests – simulate an enclosed environment, for example storage in a tank or sealed container and are usually specified due to improved precision.
Measuring Flash Point
Most industries need to test the Flash Point of raw materials, products or waste to ensure:
Product quality – as a measure of consistency and performance comparison
Compliance testing – to test safety classification for handling, storage, transport and waste
In-service analysis – tests on in-use oils and other substances for contamination / adulteration
General safety – to evaluate hazard potential
Specifications – to check conformance.
Technical Specifications – Elcometer 6910/3 Setaflash Series 3 Active-Cool
Sample Size and Temperature Range
2ml (0.067fl oz) for Flash Points, from ambient up to 100°C (212°F)
4ml (0.135fl oz) for Flash Points between 100°C to 300°C (212°F to 572°F)
1 to 99 minutes
1 minute for Flash Points, from ambient up to 100°C (212°F)
2 minutes for Flash Points between 100°C to 300°C (212°F to 572°F)
Corrosion resistant steel
256 x 280 x 256mm (10.1 x 11.0 x 10.8″)
Certificate of Calibration: issued for Fixed Calibration equipment and shows readings and traceability.
- Elcometer 6910 Setaflash Series 3 active-cool closed cup tester
- 2ml (0.067fl oz) syringe
- gas canister and ignitor
- silicone rubber tubing for gas canister to gas jet connection
- silicone sample well ‘O’ ring seal for cup/lid red coloured)
- viton sample well ‘O’ ring seal for cup/lid (black coloured)
- mains power cable
- automatic flash detector probe
- Series 3 manuals (on CD)
- operating instructions