Detail Elcometer 7061 MarSurf PS1 Surface Roughness Tester
MarSurf PS1 Surface Roughness Tester | Elcometer 7061
In protective coating applications there is a requirement to measure surface roughness.
Measurements of surface roughness are expressed in terms of Ra, Rz or Tp. These values include peak-to-valley profile measurement in combination with an assessment of the frequency of peaks within the sample area.
The Elcometer 7061 surface roughess tester is a light weight and portable measuring solution for the range of surface roughness measurements required for compliance to International Standards.
The unit is also suitable for assessing surface roughness conditions in a wide range of general industrial applications; particularly where the sample is too large to bring to the laboratory.
- Multi-Lingual Display: All the required information is displayed on screen in a choice of 14 languages.
- Flexible: Can be used in virtually any position; horizontally, vertically, upside down. A height adjustment accessory to accommodate various sample sizes is supplied with each gauge as standard.
- Integrated Calibration Standard: No external calibration standard is required; provides greater ease of use.
- Drive Unit: Can be rotated and moved longitudinally; enables the stylus pick-up to be moved to the calibrating position. The stylus pick-up is also protected for transport in this position.
- Stylus pick-up with removable protection: 2µm (80µin) diamond stylus tip with a measuring force of 0.7 mN. Different stylus are available for various applications.
Technical Specifications – Elcometer 7061 MarSurf PS1 Surface Roughness Tester
Elcometer 7061 MarSurf PS1 Surface Roughness Tester
Unit of Measurement
Stylus Pick-Up Supplied (Other stylus pick-ups are available)
Inductive skidded stylus pick-up, 2µm (80µin) stylus tip, measuring force approx. 0.7 mN
24 (with tolerance limits): Ra, Rq, Rz equiv. to Ry (JIS), Rz (JIS), Rmax, Rp, Rp (ASME), Rpm (ASME), Rpk, Rk, Rvk, Mr1, Mr2, A1, A2, Vo, Rt, R3z, RPc, Rmr equiv. to Tp (JIS,ASME), RSm, R, Ar, Rx
350µm, 180µm, 90µm (changes automatically)
32nm, 16nm, 8nm (changes automatically)
Phase-correct profile filter (Gaussian filter) according to DIN EN ISO 11562, special filter according to DIN EN ISO 13565-1, ls filter according to DIN EN ISO 3274 (can be disabled)
Cutoff lc †
0.25mm, 0.8mm, 2.5mm; automatic (0.010″, 0.030″, 0.100″)
Traversing length Lt †
1.75mm, 5.6mm, 17.5mm; automatic (0.069″, 0.22″, 0.69″)
Traversing length (acc. to MOTIF)
1mm, 2mm, 4mm, 8mm, 12mm, 16mm (0.040″, 0.080″, 0.160″, 0.320″, 0.480″, 0.640″)
Short cutoff †
Evaluation length ln †
1.25mm, 4.0mm, 12.50mm (0.050″, 0.15″, 0.50″)
Number n of sampling lengths †
Selectable: 1 to 5
Max. 15 profiles, max. 20,000 results
Blocking of settings (code-protected), date/time
USB, MarConnect (RS232)
140mm × 50mm × 70mm (5.51″ × 1.97″ × 2.76″)
Long-range power supply
100V to 264V
- Elcometer 7061 MarSurf PS1 base unit
- drive unit
- 1 x standard stylus pick-up
- built-in battery
- roughness standard integrated into casing
- height adjustment accessory
- stylus pick-up protection
- universal charger / mains adapter
- USB cable
- carry case with shoulder strap and belt loop
- calibration certificate
- operating instructions