Detail Hanna Hexavalent High Range Portable Photometer – HI96723
The HI96723 portable photometer is for the measurement of chromium VI. Hanna’s portable photometers feature an advanced optical system; the combination of a special tungsten lamp, a narrow band interference filter, and silicon photodetector ensure accurate photometric readings every time. The Hanna exclusive CAL Check™ feature utilizes ready-made, NIST traceable standards to verify both meter validation and calibration. The exclusive cuvette locking system ensures that the cuvette is inserted into the measurement cell in the same position every time to maintain a consistent path length.
- CAL Check™ – Allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards.
- GLP – Review of the last calibration date.
- Auto-shut off – Automatic shut off after 10 minutes of non-use when the meter is in measurement mode. Prevents wastage of batteries in the event the meter is accidentally left on.
- Battery status indicator – Indicates the amount of battery life left.
- Built-in timer – Display of time remaining before a measurement is taken. Ensures that all readings are taken at the appropriate reaction intervals for the test being performed.
- Error messages – Messages on display alerting to problems including no cap, high zero, and standard too low.
- Cooling lamp indicator – To maintain the desirable wavelength to be used for absorbance, it is necessary to ensure components are not overheated from the heat generated by the tungsten lamp. Each photometer is designed to allow a minimal amount of time for components to cool. The cooling lamp indicator is displayed prior to a reading being taken.
- Units of measure – Appropriate unit of measure is displayed along with reading.
Light Source : tungsten lamp
Light Detector : silicon photocell with narrow band interference filter @ 525 nm
0.00 to 1000 µg/L (ppb)
- Accuracy @ 25°C (77°F)
±5 µg/L ±4% of reading
adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1687-92, diphenylcarbohydrazide method
after ten minutes of non-use in measurement mode; after one hour of non-use in calibration mode; with last reading reminder
0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type
193 x 104 x 69 mm (7.6 x 4.1 x 2.7”)