Detail Hanna HI96770 Silica High Range Portable Photometer
The HI96770 portable photometer is for the high range measurement of silica. Hanna’s portable photometers feature an advanced optical system; the combination of a special tungsten lamp, a narrow band interference filter, and silicon photodetector ensure accurate photometric readings every time. The Hanna exclusive CAL Check™ feature utilizes ready-made, NIST traceable standards to verify both meter validation and calibration. The exclusive cuvette locking system ensures that the cuvette is inserted into the measurement cell in the same position every time to maintain a consistent path length.
Features at-a-glance :
- CAL Check™ – Allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards.
- GLP – Review of the last calibration date
- Auto-shut off – Automatic shut off after 10 minutes of non-use when the meter is in measurement mode. Prevents wastage of batteries in the event the meter is accidentally not turned off.
- Battery status indicator – Indicates the amount of battery life left.
- Built in timer – Display of time remaining before a measurement is taken. Ensures that all readings are taken at the appropriate reaction intervals for the test being performed.
- Error messages – Messages on display alerting to problems including no cap, high zero, and standard to low.
- Cooling Lamp Indicator – To maintain the desirable wavelength to be used for absorbance it is necessary to ensure component are not overheated from the heat generated by the tungsten lamp. Each photometer is designed to allow a minimal amount of time for components to cool. The cooling lamp indicator is displayed prior to a reading being taken.
- Units of measure – Appropriate unit of measure is displayed along with reading.
Absorbance Specifications :
- Light Source : light emitting diode
- Light Detector : silicon photocell with narrow band interference filter @ 466 nm
Additional Specifications :
0 to 200 mg/L (ppm)
1 mg/L (ppm)
- Accuracy @ 25°C (77°F)
±1 mg/L ±5% of reading
adaptation of the USEPA method 370.1 for drinking, surface and saline waters, domestic and industrial wastes, and Standard Method 4500-SiO2 C
after ten minutes of non-use in measurement mode; after one hour of non-use in calibration mode; with last reading reminder
0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type
193 x 104 x 69 mm (7.6 x 4.1 x 2.7”)