Detail Hanna Chlorine Portable Photometer HI96771
The HI96771 portable photometer is for the measurement chlorine over a very wide range. Most chlorine photometers are limited to very low concentrations of chlorine. To measure a concentration outside the measurement range involved performing a dilution. The HI96771 has a unique chemistry that allows for the measurement of samples with chlorine concentrations up to 500 mg/L (ppm) without having to perform a dilution. This portable photometer features an advanced optical system; the combination of a special tungsten lamp, a narrow band interference filter, and silicon photodetector ensure accurate photometric readings every time. The Hanna exclusive CAL Check™ feature utilizes ready-made, NIST traceable standards to verify both meter validation and calibration. The exclusive cuvette locking system ensures that the cuvette is inserted into the measurement cell in the same position every time to maintain a consistent path length.
Features at-a-glance :
- CAL Check™ – Allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards.
- GLP – Review of the last calibration date
- Auto-shut off – Automatic shut off after 10 minutes of non-use when the meter is in measurement mode. Prevents wastage of batteries in the event the meter is accidentally not turned off.
- Battery status indicator – Indicates the amount of battery life left.
- Built in timer – Display of time remaining before a measurement is taken. Ensures that all readings are taken at the appropriate reaction intervals for the test being performed.
- Error messages – Messages on display alerting to problems including no cap, high zero, and standard to low.
- Cooling Lamp Indicator – To maintain the desirable wavelength to be used for absorbance it is necessary to ensure component are not overheated from the heat generated by the tungsten lamp. Each photometer is designed to allow a minimal amount of time for components to cool. The cooling lamp indicator is displayed prior to a reading being taken.
- Units of measure – Appropriate unit of measure is displayed along with reading.
Light Source : tungsten lamp
Light Detector : silicon photocell with narrow band interference filter @ 525 nm
Free Chlorine (P1): 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (ppm); Ultra High Range Chlorine (P2): 0 to 500 mg/L (ppm);
Free Chlorine (P1): 0.01 mg/L from 0.00 to 3.50 mg/L; 0.10 mg/L above 3.50 mg/L; Ultra High Range Chlorine (P2): 1 mg/L from 0 to 200 mg/L; 10 mg/L above 200 mg/L
- Accuracy @ 25°C (77°F)
Free Chlorine (P1): ±0.03 mg/L ±3% of reading; Ultra High Range Chlorine (P2): ±3 mg/L ±3% of reading
adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 4500-Cl method
after ten minutes of non-use in measurement mode; after one hour of non-use in calibration mode; with last reading reminder
0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type
193 x 104 x 69 mm (7.6 x 4.1 x 2.7”)