Detail HUKSEFLUX – IR02-TR
IR02-TR is a pyrgeometer suitable for longwave irradiance measurement in meteorological applications. The instrument can be heated, which improves measurement accuracy as it prevents dew deposition on its window. IR02-TR houses a 4-20 mA transmitter for easy read-out by dataloggers commonly used in the industry.
IR02-TR measures the longwave or far-infra-red radiation received by a plane surface, in W/m2, from a field of view angle of approximately 150o. Longwave radiation is the part of radiation that is not emitted by the sun. The actual field of view angle of IR02-TR is not the ideal 180o. The reduction of this field of view makes it possible to offer an instrument at an attractive price level, while the accuracy loss is relatively small. IR02-TR has a window with a cut-on at 4.5 x 10-6 m, making it suitable for day- and night observations.
Using IR02-TR is easy. The pyrgeometer can be connected directly to commonly used data logging systems. The irradiance in W/m2 is calculated by using the transmitter’s output and the temperature reading. The final result is calculated taking into account the irradiance radiated by the sensor itself (Stefan-Boltzmann law). In IR02-TR’s standard configuration, the 4 to 20 mA output corresponds to a transmitted range of -300 to +100 W/m2. This range can be adjusted at the factory upon request.
- Measurand : longwave radiation
- Optional measurand : sky temperature
- Optional measurand : surface temperature
- Spectral range : 4.5 to 40 x 10-6 m
- Field of view angle : 150°
- Response time (95 %) :18 s
- Rated operating temperature range : -40 to +80 °C
- Transmitted range : -300 to 100 W/m2
- Temperature dependence : < ±3 % (-10 to +40 °C)
- Calibration traceability : to WISG
- Optional traceability : to blackbody (ITS-90)
- Heater : 12 VDC, 1.5 W
- Temperature sensor : Pt100
- Standard cable length : 5 m (see options)