Detail HUKSEFLUX – SR03 Pyranometer
SR03 is the fastest ISO 9060 second class compliant pyranometer available. Due to major advances in thermopile sensing technology, SR03 achieves a 95 % response time in just 1 second. SR03 is optimally suited for PV system performance monitoring, where long-term stability and synchronous response time between the PV module / array and pyranometer are required.
SR03 is a solar radiation sensor that can be applied in general observations. It measures the solar radiation received by a plane surface from a field of view angle of 180o. This quantity, expressed in W/m2 , is called “hemispherical” solar radiation. Contrary to photodiode-based instruments, SR03 has a spectrally flat response across the full solar spectrum.
SR03 pyranometer is used for general meteorological observations, building physics and solar collector testing. However, because of its fast response time, it is ideally suited for PV applications, where it will match the response time of the panels more closely than other pyranometer models. Use on ships and airplanes in conjunction with tilt sensors is also a possibility.
Using SR03 is easy. It can be connected directly to commonly used data logging systems. The irradiance in W/m2 is calculated by dividing the SR03 output, a small voltage, by the sensitivity. This sensitivity is provided with SR03 on its calibration certificate.
- Measurand : hemispherical solar radiation
- ISO classification : second class pyranometer
- Response time (95 %) : < 3 s
- Calibration uncertainty : < 1.8 % (k = 2)
- Calibration traceability : to WRR
- Spectral range : 285 to 3000 x 10-9 m
- Sensitivity (nominal) : 15 x 10-6 V/(W/m2)
- Rated operating temperature range : -40 to +80 °C
- Temperature response : < ± 3 % (-10 to +40 °C)
- Standard cable length : 5 m