Detail HUKSEFLUX – SRA01 Albedometer
SRA01 albedometer is an instrument that measures global and reflected solar radiation and the solar albedo, or solar reflectance. It is composed of two identical second class pyranometers with thermopile sensors, the upfacing one measuring global solar radiation, the downfacing one measuring reflected solar radiation. SRA01 complies with the latest ISO and WMO standards.
Albedo, also called solar reflectance, is defined as the ratio of the reflected to the global radiation. The solar albedo depends on the directional distribution of incoming radiation and on surface properties at ground level. Albedos of typical surfaces range from about 4 % for fresh asphalt, and 15 % for green grass to 90 % for fresh snow.
Using SRA01 is easy. The albedometer is composed of two pyranometers, the upfacing one measuring global solar radiation, the downfacing one measuring reflected solar radiation. The irradiance in W/m2 in each direction is calculated by diving the pyraanometer output, a small voltage, by the sensitivity. SRA01 can be connected directly to commonly used datalogging systems.
Albedometers are used for general meteorological observations,building physics, roof reflectance studies, climate studies and solar collector testing. A common application is for outdoor solar radiation measurements as part of a meteorological station. This application required horizontal levekking; a bubble level is included. SRA01 is designed to fit a 3/4 icnh NPS mounting tube.
- Measurand : global solar radiation and reflected solar radiation
- Optional measurand : albedo or solar reflectance
- Optional measurand : net solar radiation
- Included sensors : 2 x identical ISO 9060 second class pyranometer
- Mounting : ¾ inch NPS tube (not included)
- Calibration uncertainty : < 1.8 % (k = 2)
- Calibration traceability : to WRR
- Measurement range : 0 to 2000 W/m2
- Spectral range : 285 to 3000 x 10-9 m
- Sensitivity (nominal) : 15 x 10-6 V/(W/m2)
- Rated operating temperature range : -40 to +80 °C
- Temperature response : < ± 3 % (-10 to +40 °C)
- Standard cable length : 5 m (see options)